Effective Date: August 30, 2021
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY.
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household.
Directly from You. When you use our Services, we collect the following categories of personal information directly from you:
• Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, account log-in credentials (if you create an account), and your IP address. We generally use this information to provide you with our Services, respond to your communications with us, for identity verification, and to help manage your account, if you create an account with us.
• Transactional information, such as your billing information, payment card information, and identity verification information. Our third-party payment processor collects this information on our behalf for purposes of processing your payments in connection with your use of the Services.
• Health-related information, such as your behavioral health conditions, treatment options, provider referrals, prescriptions (if applicable), and lab results, or other related health information, such as your physical and emotional characteristics. We generally use this information to provide you with our Services, including to facilitate your interaction and the healthcare related services provided by behavioral health care providers.
• Commercial information, such as information about your purchases or other transactions with us. We generally use this information to provide you with our Services and to keep records of the products and services you have purchased from us.
• Certain protected characteristics, such as demographic information like your gender and age. We generally use this information to help provide our Services to you.
• Professional and employment-related information, such as information you provide to us in a job application, if you apply for a position at Parallel. We use information for purposes of evaluating your candidacy for the position you applied for.
• Any other personal information you choose to directly provide to us, such as user-generated content you post on public forums on our Services.
Automatically Through Tracking Technologies. We may also collect the following categories of personal information automatically when you use our Services:
• Internet and other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, the location from which you access our Services, device IDs, referring and exit pages and URLS, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages your viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you used to conduct searches on our Platform, the date and time you used our Services, error logs and other similar information. We collect this information generally for our own business analytics and marketing purposes as well as to better customize our content and Services to your preferences. You can learn more about how we use tracking technologies in Section 3 entitled “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below.
From Third Parties Partners. We work closely with third parties, including, for example, psychologists and other medical professionals with whom we partner to provide you with the Services and to help facilitate their provision of their healthcare-related services. These third parties may provide us with your personal information.
From Social Media and Other Content Platforms. When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, email address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
In addition to how we use your personal information as described above in this section, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
• Carry out, improve, and manage the Services and, as applicable, facilitate the provision of health care services to you by physicians or other health care providers and ensure that the physicians or health care providers have the services and support necessary for health care operations.
• Engage in internal research to understand the effectiveness of our Services, improve our Services, and better understand our user base. If we publish or provide the results of this research to others, such research will be presented in a de-identified and aggregate form such that individual users cannot be identified.
• Communicate with you about the Services, your use of the Services, or your inquiries related to the Services and send you communications on behalf of psychologists or other health care providers utilizing the Services to meet your needs.
• Communicate with you by email, postal mail, or phone about surveys, promotions, special events or our products and Services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies and any of their related businesses and those of our third-party partners.
• Provide you with technical support and customer service.
• Verify your identity and administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
• Take steps designed to ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device, allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure.
• Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and content we serve to you and others, and to deliver and customize relevant advertising and content to you.• Help us better understand your interests and needs, such as by engaging in analysis and research regarding use of the Services.
• Comply in good faith with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
• Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you, your household, or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
2. HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information for our own business purposes in the following ways:
• Service Providers. We provide access to or share your personal information with select third parties who use the information to perform services on our behalf (“Service Providers”). They provide a variety of services to us, including for example, billing, sales, marketing, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, IT and security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and auditing and legal services. These entities may also include health care organizations, pharmacies, if applicable, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the Services. Our policy is to require Service Providers to only use your personal information for purposes of providing their services to us.
• Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share information we collect within any Parallel member or group (i.e., our subsidiaries and affiliates, including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries) to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our products and services, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
• Health Care Providers. We may share your personal information with health care providers: (i) to schedule and fulfill appointments and provide health care services as part of the Services, (ii) to whom you send messages through our Services, and (iii) for other treatment, payment or health care operations purposes, including pharmacy services (if applicable), upon your request.
• Other Third Parties. We may share your personal information with third-party companies or individuals outside of Parallel (a “Third Party”). For example:
o Certain features of our Services make it possible for you to share comments publicly with other users. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and we may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). For example, if you submit a product review on our Platform, we may display your review (along with the name provided, if any) on other Parallel websites and on third-party websites. Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
o From time to time, we may be required to provide personal information to a Third Party in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law or legal process.
o We may share your personal information with Third Parties, such as law enforcement agencies, other government agencies, or health authorities (i) when we, in good faith, believe you or others are acting unlawfully, (ii) when we believe it is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, (iii) to operate our business and Services properly, (iv) to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our users, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order, or (v) we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of our personnel, clients, guests, and the general public.
• With Your Consent. We may also disclose your personal information in other ways you direct us to and when we have your consent.
3. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Online Analytics. We may use third-party web analytics services, such as those of Google Analytics (including Google Signals, Google User-ID, and other Google Analytics features) and MixPanel on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices to better tailor services and features; and provide certain features to you. To learn more about Google Analytics, you can visit “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” (located here). If you have a Google account with personalized advertising enabled, through Google Signals, Google will also be able to gather for us analytics and engagement information from across the various devices you use to access the Services. To prevent Google from using your information for analytics (including cross-device tracking for personalization purposes), you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. And to opt out of Google Signals, please open your “Settings” app, locate and tap “Google,” select “Ads,” and turn ON “Opt out of Ads Personalization.” You may also be able to disable cross-device tracking through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
Please note that if you exercise the opt-out choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it may not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
Notice Concerning Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
4. YOUR MARKETING CHOICES
5. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Parallel takes a variety of reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to, through, or on our Services or via the Internet, and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
6. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
7. THIRD PARTIES
8. INFORMATION FOR VISITORS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
9. INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
The Service does not intend to collect personal information directly from children without first obtaining verifiable parental consent. If a child is under the age of 13, the child may use the Service only with the consent of or under the supervision of the parent or legal guardian. Consistent with the principles underlying the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Service and subsequently we will delete that information. If you believe we might have collected any information from or about a child under age 13 without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com and indicate “Under 13” in the Subject field.
10. FAMILY EDUCATIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVACY ACT
11. CONTACT US